Friday, April 29, 2016

Image result for poem in your pocket day

The media center sponsored our annual Poem in Your Pocket Day today.  Students who had poems in their pocket received "smelly" bookmarks as a treat!  Thanks to all of our RTE Authors who took the Initiative to pen original poetry.  Check out our Twitter feed for pictures @rteflightstatus.  Here is a sampling of some of our writing talent:

School Daze
South Carolina state requires 
180 days of math, ELA, and art
From the day it begins in August 
That's when the countdown starts

Making it through the first 9 weeks
Oh what a struggle to stay on time
getting used to a brand new schedule
with homework and bedtime

Rolling towards November and December
Vacation days are looking bright
looking forward to sleeping late again
and not a math problem in sight

A new year means that half a year is gone
These nine weeks are a piece of cake
I know that coming up real soon
Will be the great spring break.

Spring time is rolling around
All all this warm weather makes us want to be with friends
But them we have all that testing
When will it ever end?

So we can all be excited for summer
Sleeping late and swimming pools
But first we all have to get through
Twenty-four more days of school.
By:  Taylor Frick


The Baker
I wish I was a baker
because a baker's never down.
I wish I was a baker 
because a baker never frowns.
I wish I was a baker
because a baker's not a clown.
By: Christina Gregory 

Kindness
Kindness is great,
Kindness is love,
You don't know it until you find it,
kindness is like a ballroom full of magic,
Kindness is a dream full of love.
By:  Madison Robinson

My School
My school's on Rimer Pond Road
It has very good teachers
The name of it is Round Top
I love all of the features.
When I go outside, 
I look at all the creatures.
By:  Morgan Jones

1st Grade
1st Grade does lots of math
1st Grade does projects
1st Grade does poems.
By:  Reilly Downs

Trees
In trees dancing on a windy day,
When sky is wrinkled and elephants grey
Poetry!  Poetry! 
Can be found in out and all around.
But take a look inside your heart,
that's where a poem truly likes to start.
By;  Kate Serber

Apples
A red and ripe fruit
Pastures are where they are found
Pastures are where farmers pick them
Love to eat them.
end of the day
I like to eat
apple at dinner.
By:  Brantley Soong

Mr. Scarecrow
Mr. Scarecrow standing tall,
You just don't scare me at all.
Stuffed with straw
From head to toe
Quite and funny guy to know.
By: Zachaery Coombs

Old Cans
Old Cans
wire and old junk
is good if you
want to make some sculpture
You can make a cow or horse
or maybe even a vulture.  
You can stick them together
or tie them with some string
and if it doesn't look like
a real animal at lease it will 
look like something.
By:  Brent Douglas

F.A.S.T.
Fast
Action
Stunt
Team
By:  Aundreaus Basnight

Dinosaurs
Dinosaur, dinosaur,
I'm not scared,
No I'm not
there's a dino
so I won't run on
I won't budge 
Um, I'm not scared
Really I'm not.
By:  Caroline Powell