Wednesday, August 31, 2016

RTE loves read alouds!


I sure am enjoying being the Reading Coach at RTE. For the last two weeks, I have had the opportunity to go into many classrooms and share a read aloud. This book, Big Al, is one of my favorites. As we read, we made connections to the events in the book and shared our own feelings about making new friends. We also talked about the story elements including; characters, setting, problem, and theme. The start of the school year can be hard, but Big Al reminded us that we can all be friends when we accept one another. Enjoy some of my reactions to a few of the classes that I read to. Until next time...KEEP READING! 

What books are you reading at home? Please share with us so we can check them out at the library, or purchase them at our upcoming Book Fair! 

Child Development - Ms. Cromer's Class

This was a great group to read to. So many of them related to story to "Finding Dory!" Connections to our reading is always great.

Kindergarten - Ms. Novack's Class - 

Boy, did they have connections to the story. I loved that they wanted to share how many friends they made just like Big Al! Thank you!


First Grade - Ms. Cleckley's Class 
These kids sure do know a lot about fish. I appreciate them sharing and doing a great job answering questions. The predictions they made were right on target.

Second Grade - Ms. Paschoal's Class

Whew… I was out of breath from all the fun in this room today! These students were great about showing their active listening especially after the wiggle break. Great connections - thank you!

Third Grade - Ms. Sanders' Class
Wow, what a fun group of kids. They made that read aloud so enJOYable for me even after the 100th time :) I can’t wait to visit again! Your class rocks!

Fourth Grade - Ms. Pendarvis' Class

This was the very first class that I read to at RTE. Thank you for letting me share with you kids. You guys were great listeners!

~~~Ms. Palmer