Friday, January 8, 2016

19 LIFESKILLS, 7 Habits and College Football


I'm fairly confident everyone knows the BCS National Championship is being played on Monday, 1/11.  It is wonderful exposure for the state of SC that Clemson University will be a participant.  Naturally there are some who aren't pulling for the arch rival of USC, but I for one, hope it is a well played football game full of positive examples of our 19 LIFESKILLS and 7 Habits used at RTE.

Think about it.....just to name a few of each: Initiative, Courage, Perseverance, Organization, Be Proactive, Begin with the End in Mind, Synergize....these and ALL of the others can be applied to any team sport!

What you may not be aware of is this: My Alma Mater, Jacksonville State University, the only other Gamecock school in the nation,  plays for the FCS National Championship, tomorrow,  Sat., 1/9, at noon on ESPN2!!  How cool is that?  I sure wish I could be in Frisco, TX for the game but rest assured I will be cheering loudly, just as I did in my cheerleader days of past.

We have designated Monday College Color day here at RTE as we close out this football season.  I am sure there will be lots of orange to support our state University, and our hometown boy - BHS graduate / Clemson kicker, Greg Huegel.  Ms. Stone, a Clemson grad & rabid  fan, and her  class have been in touch with him about a visit in the spring so keep your fingers crossed!  I know many other colors will also be visible at RTE on Monday as we all show our team spirit.

Whatever team your family pulls for in any sporting event, consider a discussion around all the life lessons that can be observed in action!  Have a great weekend and.....