Monday, September 8, 2014

School Improvement Council 2014-15

It's time to vote!

Please cast your ballot for this year's SIC members.  We have four candidates and you may vote for up to four.  Voting will be open until 4:00 PM on Thursday, September 11, 2014.

The first meeting is next Monday, September 15, 2014, at 6:00 PM in the RTE Book-a-Flight Media Center.  All meetings are open to the public.  Tentative meeting dates for the remainder of the school year are:  Oct. 20, 2014; Nov. 17,2014; Dec. 15, 2014; Jan. 12, 2015; Feb. 9, 2015; Mar. 16, 2015; Apr. 20, 2015; and May 11, 2015.  Please make plans to join us!

Thank you in advance for your support of this year's School Improvement Council!


Kelly Imbert Eifert, Ph.D.
Our family lives in Blythewood and I am a new parent at Round Top, with a son in kindergarten and a younger son who is 2 ½.  My professional background is in higher education, working for 15 years at different institutions, most recently at the University of South Carolina.  I currently work at the SC Department of Health and Human Services on projects related to federal regulations and their impact at the state level.  I am passionate about education overall and would welcome the opportunity to serve on the School Improvement Council as one way to serve the school that educates our children well.

Rachel W. Jones
I would like serve on the SIC at Round Top Elementary. My daughter, Katie, is in kindergarten. I have lived in Columbia all of my life and attended Richland District 2 schools. I work for USC School of Medicine in the Department of Medicine as the Residency Administrator. My husband and I have been married for 10 years in November and in addition to Katie, we have a two year old son named Baylor. I would like the opportunity to serve on the SIC at Round Top and help continue the school's success.

Elizabeth Buchanan
I am a resident of Blythewood, SC, and I work outside the home as a Pharmaceutical Sales Representative with AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals. I am the proud parent of two little girls who attend RTE in 3rd and 4th grade. I look forward to being an active advocate for the success of the public school system.

India Mack
My name is India Mack, and I reside in Blythewood with my husband Anderson Mack III and our two wonderful children. Our oldest, Alexis, is a kindergartner at RTE. Currently, I work full-time as an IT Project Manager for SCANA Corporation. I would be honored to serve on the School Improvement Council if afforded the opportunity. It is my desire to have an active role in the education of our children, while working with parents, educators and community stakeholders to collectively improve our schools.


Click on this link to cast your ballot:         http://goo.gl/pOhFLc